Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups chopped, canned stewed tomatoes, Mexican style
- 2 cups thinly-sliced okra
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until browned. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Reduce heat to medium and add onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and okra. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until okra is tender, about 5 minutes. Add chili powder, salt, and pepper. Let simmer 10 minutes. Serve over rice.