Old-Fashioned Barbecue Baked Beans
Traditional baked beans recipes can take hours and hours of soaking and cooking. But with canned beans, you can enjoy a down-home favorite in less than 2 hours.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (15 oz.) small white beans, undrained
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 4 tsp. minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place beans and liquid in a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, combine the water with the cornstarch until the cornstarch dissolves. Stir mixture into the beans.
- Add bacon, onion, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic powder, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Transfer to a large casserole dish with a cover.
- Bake, covered, for 90 minutes, stirring every 30 minutes. Let the beans sit for 10 minutes before serving.