Old-Fashioned Hot Cocoa
Save to My Recipes
If you have a utensil or machine specially made for frothing, fill cups about
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutes
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 cups whole milk
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Miniature marshmallows or marshmallow crème
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa and sugar, blending well.
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk to scalding. Stir about ½ cup hot milk into cocoa and sugar mixture, then pour hot cocoa mixture into hot milk in the saucepan. Stir until well blended, and then stir in vanilla.
- Serve in cups with miniature marshmallows or a dollop of marshmallow crème.