Old-Fashioned Potato Pancakes
Potato pancakes are yummy for breakfast but can also be a great accompaniment to beef or chicken.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 3 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups raw grated red potatoes
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 medium onion, peeled and grated
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. lactose-free margarine
- Peel large red potatoes. Soak in cold water for several hours. Grate potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add grated onion and beaten eggs, combining well. Stir in salt and flour.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat and grease it with margarine. Let margarine warm and drop batter by spoonfuls onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes until both sides are golden brown. Serve hot.