Old-Fashioned Rhubarb Custard Pie
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1 1⁄2 cups plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts, unbaked
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Unroll one pie crust and place in bottom of 9-inch pie plate.
- Place the rhubarb in a mixing bowl. Add 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, flour, eggs, and cream. Stir together, and pour into the unbaked pie crust. Cover with another pie crust and crimp edges.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar on top before baking. Bake about 45 minutes to an hour. Don’t overbake, but be sure the pie juices are bubbly before removing from the oven. Let cool before serving.