Old Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake
The second-best way to serve gorgeous, ripe, red strawberries, topped only by eating them plain. Add a scoop of nonfat frozen yogurt to make sundaes. Light whipped cream is sold in aerated cans in the refrigerated dairy case of most supermarkets.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 homemade or store-bought biscuits
- 1 lb. ripe strawberries, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup light whipped cream
- Slice biscuits in half. Place the bottom of each into a serving bowl and set the tops aside.
- Place sliced strawberries in a mixing bowl, sprinkle sugar over top, and stir to coat. Let sit several minutes to release juice.
- Spoon berries over the biscuit bottoms, then cover with the tops. Spoon excess syrup over top of the biscuits, then garnish with whipped cream. Serve immediately.