Old-School Tuna Casserole
This is a classic of American cuisine. The kicker here is the cornflakes on the top.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups cooked and cooled egg noodles
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- 1 can (14 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chopped scallion
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together all the ingredients except the butter and breadcrumbs. Place the mixture into 6 greased 8 oz. ramekins.
- Toss breadcrumbs with melted butter and sprinkle over the ramekins. Bake until the center reaches 140°F and the top is crispy and well browned (about 10 minutes).