Old West Wood Grilled Bison Burgers
Be sure to use mesquite chips or wood chunks with this to make one of the most wonderful burgers you’ll ever eat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. 80% lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. steak sauce
- 4 tsp. butter
- 4 hamburger rolls, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup,
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- Heat the grill with a 2-level fire and add mesquite or hickory chips.
- Sprinkle the meat with salt, pepper, and steak sauce and form into patties.
- Sear on each side over high heat; then cook over medium until done to perfection. Ranchers recommend that you eat it rare because the meat is so lean.
- When you turn the burgers, put a pat of butter on top of each patty. Grill the bread or rolls.
- Combine the ketchup and mayo. Serve burgers on buns with sauce, onion, lettuce, and tomato.