The key to this flavorful dish is simmering while covered for a while. Don’t forget to pour the extra sauce on top of the chicken and over your side dish as well.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 chicken (3 lbs.) cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. pepper, divided
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ⅔ cup chopped sweet onion
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 24 green olives, pitted
- 1 tsp. prepared Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken pieces for about 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the garlic and onion for 5–10 minutes, until onions are soft. Add the broth, wine, and olives. Using a fork, whisk in the mustard. Return chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer until the chicken is done, about 45 minutes. Add hot sauce, capers, and remaining salt and pepper.