Omelette au Jambon Fromage (Ham and Cheese Omelet)
Save to My Recipes
What is more French than a good, simple omelet? Most French like their omelets simple with just cheese and ham.
Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutes
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup grated Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 thin slices cooked ham, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Break the eggs in a large bowl, add the salt and pepper, and beat the eggs firmly. Add the cheese and beat again until the mixture is smooth and even.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Melt the butter, making sure that the butter spreads evenly in the pan, and pour the egg mixture. With a wooden spatula, stir the eggs immediately on the surface for a few seconds, especially around the edges of the pan, while quickly rotating the pan over the fire. Then let it cook.
- When the bottom of the omelet is golden, and the top is still a little bit runny add ham. Use the wooden spatula to fold one third of the omelet toward the center.
- Grip the handle of the pan, tilt the pan down, and let the omelet fall to the edge. Flip the remaining edge over as the omelet leaves the pan.
- Garnish with chives and parsley, and serve immediately.