One Dish Caprese Pasta
This quick and healthy dish is so tasty and light, your family will ask for seconds! OptUP Score: 73
Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups Simple Truth™ Natural Chicken Breast, cooked and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 12 ounces uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 3 1⁄2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Finely Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped and divided
- 3 teaspoons Kroger® Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a 9”x13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- In the prepared dish, stir together the chicken, tomatoes, uncooked pasta, chicken broth, 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup basil leaves, minced garlic and salt.
- Lightly cover the dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and stir, then check if the pasta is al dente. If it is too hard, cover the dish and allow to cook 10-15 more minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the top and bake uncovered for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Top with basil leaves and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: Use rotisserie chicken for the cooked chicken.