One-Hour Dinner Rolls
Here’s a tasty and quick recipe for dinner rolls that will have people believing you spent hours in the kitchen.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup warm water heated to 110°F
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. powdered honey, divided
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 5 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, combine water, 1 tablespoon powdered honey, and yeast. Allow to sit for 5 minutes until it bubbles. Scald milk in the microwave for 2 minutes. Melt softened butter into the milk and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, the remaining 1⁄4 cup powdered honey, salt, and the milk and butter mixture. Add yeast mixture to the batter. While continuing to mix, add flour. Knead dough for 5 minutes.
- Place dough back in the bowl and cover with a towel. Set the bowl in a warm place for 30 minutes for the dough to rise.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 2 muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Pinch 1-inch balls from the dough and roll until smooth. Place three balls into the bottom of each muffin cup. Loosely cover the pans and let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown on top.