One Pot Chili Mac & Cheese
Get out the door for trick-or-treating with ease when you start the night off with this One Pot Chili Mac & Cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven, over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion and ground turkey, and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, chili powder, mustard and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring mixture to a slight boil, stirring occasionally while breaking up the large tomato chunks. Stir in pasta and return to a boil.
- When pasta has come to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Cook an additional 15 minutes, or until pasta is fork-tender.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese. Return lid and let sit for about 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.