One-Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
Spaghetti and meatballs is a classic comfort food for the whole family. It takes a little extra work to make the homemade gluten-free meatballs, but your family will agree it’s well worth the effort when they taste this fabulous one-pot meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 slice gluten-free bread, torn in very small pieces
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1½ tsp. dried onion
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 4 oz. gluten-free spaghetti, uncooked and broken into small pieces
- In a large bowl mix together bread and milk. Set aside for 5 minutes. Add ground beef, salt, pepper, dried onion, and egg. Mix well and roll into small meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the meatballs in small batches in the olive oil until they are browned, approximately 5–6 minutes. Add meatballs to a greased 4–6-quart slow cooker.
- Add spaghetti sauce and water to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- An hour before serving add in the spaghetti pieces and stir into the sauce. Cook spaghetti for 1 hour. Try not to overcook the pasta, as it will become mushy.