One-Pot Tomato-Basil Pasta
Bright and flavorful zoodles are tossed with a delicate pesto, mushrooms, and tomatoes to bring together all the flavors of summer.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3⁄4 cup brazil nuts
- 1⁄3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3⁄4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
- 2 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 lb. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a small food processor or high-speed blender, combine olive oil, garlic, brazil nuts, nutritional yeast, sea salt, Italian seasoning, and cayenne pepper. Pulse until the consistency of pesto sauce.
- Transfer sauce to a large pot. Add spiralized zucchini, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Cook on stovetop over high heat, tossing every 3 to 5 minutes with tongs, until the noodles begin to wilt and pot starts steaming (about 15 minutes of cooking time).
- Garnish with fresh basil, salt, and pepper before serving.