One-Pot Tomato-Basil Pasta
Bright and flavorful zoodles are tossed with a delicate pesto, mushrooms, and tomatoes to bring together all the flavors of summer.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¾ cup brazil nuts
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¾ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
- 2 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 lb. cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a small food processor or high-speed blender, combine olive oil, garlic, brazil nuts, nutritional yeast, sea salt, Italian seasoning, and cayenne pepper. Pulse until the consistency of pesto sauce.
- Transfer sauce to a large pot. Add spiralized zucchini, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Cook on stovetop over high heat, tossing every 3–5 minutes with tongs, until the noodles begin to wilt and pot starts steaming (about 15 minutes of cooking time).
- Garnish with fresh basil, salt, and pepper before serving.