One-Skillet Bok Choy & Kale with Tofu
This simple stir-fry is made of firm tofu and complementary veggies, cooked in a savory Asian-inspired sauce.
Serves: 4Prep: 25 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (14 oz.) extra-firm tofu, drained
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons rice vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups bok choy, roughly chopped
- 4 cups kale, roughly chopped
- Cut tofu into ¾” slices, then in half crosswise. Drain on paper towels 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil and ½ teaspoon vinegar.
- Ina large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add peanut oil. Cook tofu until golden brown, 3 minutes per side. On baking sheet, arrange tofu; brush with soy sauce mixture.
- In same skillet, cook ginger, green onions and garlic until fragrant. Add remaining 1½ tablespoons soy sauce and 2 teaspoons vinegar. Mix in bok choy; cook until wilted.
- Mix in kale; cook until wilted. Gently toss in tofu to combine.