Serve this gravy with mashed potatoes and meatloaf for the best in comfort food.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Sauté the onions until softened, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low, and cook 15 minutes until the natural sugars in the onion turn light brown (caramelize).
- Sprinkle onions with flour; cook and stir for a few minutes. Add beef broth and stir with a whisk until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.