Garlic lovers can add more garlic to this popular Middle Eastern dip. You can buy hummus at the store, but this recipe is easy to make and much cheaper.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ small white onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, tightly packed
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- Blend chickpeas, garlic, onion, hot sauce, parsley, salt, pepper, and olive oil in the food processor or blender. Do not purée—you want a coarse consistency.