Onion, Leek, and Camembert Quiche
Make this elegant quiche for a special brunch. Or serve it for lunch with salad.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large white onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 2⁄3 cup light cream
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 4 oz. Camembert, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, leeks, and water; cook and stir for 9 minutes or until onion is translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream, eggs, salt, and pepper and beat well.
- Scatter cooked onion and leek over bottom of pie shell. Scatter Camembert over onion and leek; cover with egg mixture. Sprinkle Parmesan over filling.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until filling is set and golden brown in spots. Let stand for 5 minutes, then serve.