Onion and Mushroom Soup
This is a great dish to serve in the spring when mushrooms come into season. Use morels, chanterelles, and other domestic exotics for a flavorful presentation.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 6 oz. assorted mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 4 cups beef broth
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan
- Chopped fresh thyme
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onions; cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add the beef broth, sherry, salt, and pepper; simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. To serve, ladle the hot soup into 4 soup bowls and garnish with a sprinkling of Parmesan and fresh thyme leaves.