Have you ever made bread with your blender? That’s practically all you will need to make these super easy savory onion rolls.
Serves: 20Hands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 3 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ¾ cup warm milk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. dried minced onions, divided
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. quick-rising yeast
- 1 tsp. brewed coffee
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Place the milk, olive oil, 2 eggs, sugar, salt, 2 tablespoons dried onion, and Parmesan in a blender. Blend just until smooth.
- Whisk the flour and yeast together in a large bowl. Gradually add the liquid mixture, stirring until dough starts to form. Then knead dough until very smooth and elastic, adding more flour if dough is too sticky to handle.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl, loosely cover, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 20 pieces, and roll each piece into a smooth ball. Place rolls about 1" apart on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, or in a rectangular baking pan lined with parchment.
- Mix the egg yolk with the coffee and brush rolls lightly with the mixture. Let rolls rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush rolls with egg/coffee wash one more time. Stir together the remaining dried onion, oregano, poppy seeds, and kosher salt and sprinkle mixture evenly onto the top of the rolls.
- Bake rolls until they have risen and are golden brown, about 25–30 minutes.