Onion Spinach Spread
This spinach spread can double as a dip! If youʼre serving it at a party or a barbecue, you can place both unsalted tortilla chips and wheat crackers with it and let your guests decide.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 day 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Line a strainer with a coffee filter. Spoon yogurt into coffee filter. Place strainer over a bowl so yogurt can drain. Make sure there is at least an inch between the bottom of the strainer and the bottom of the bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 24 hours. Discard liquid. Carefully remove homemade yogurt cheese from paper.
- Heat butter in a small skillet. Sauté onion until softened.
- Cook spinach according to package directions and squeeze out excess liquid. Chop finely.
- Combine yogurt cheese, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a blender. Process until well blended and smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Fold in the onion and spinach. Cover and chill until ready to serve.