Open-Faced Lobster Sandwiches with Hollandaise
Lobster is one of the most elegant and sophisticated types of seafood, and it quickly jazzes up any of your favorite sandwiches. Soft, buttery lobster meat is paired with low-fat hollandaise sauce for a fun breakfast-for-dinner sandwich.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup light cream
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 5 Tbsp. finely diced lobster meat
- 4 gluten-free English muffins
- 4 pieces part-skim sliced mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups coarsely chopped lobster tail meat
- 4 large eggs, poached
- 2 lobster claws, removed from shell and sliced in half
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until golden brown. Remove from heat and pour into a small bowl.
- Return saucepan to heat and add cream, cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Whisk the mixture constantly until smooth. Reduce heat to low. Gradually whisk in beaten eggs, melted butter, and buttermilk until sauce is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and diced lobster meat. Set aside and keep warm.
- Toast English muffins and immediately top 4 halves with a slice of cheese. Top with lobster tail meat and poached eggs.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons sauce over each egg and garnish with lobster claw slice. Serve immediately.