Open-Faced Meaty Marinara Garlic Bread
Skip the pasta and serve meaty, veggie-loaded sauce on top of your garlic bread instead!
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 jar (24 oz.) Kroger Brand Tomato + Basil Pasta Sauce Jar
- 8 pieces Kroger Brand Garlic Texas Toast
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook zucchini, onions, salt and pepper 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add beef. Cook, breaking beef apart, until no pink remains.
- Add pasta sauce; reduce heat to simmer.
- Meanwhile, place Texas toast on baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes, flipping bread halfway through.
- Top bread with meat mixture and slice of cheese. Return to oven 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Refrigerate leftovers.