Open House Pizza Margherita
Diced fresh mozzarella—available in brine-soaked balls at some supermarkets and delis—turns into creamy pools on this classic pizza.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 lbs. pizza dough
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush 2 pizza pans with vegetable oil.
- Roll or press pizza dough into two 12" circles, slightly thicker at the edges than in the center. Place dough in prepared pans.
- Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil over each pizza, leaving edges bare. Sprinkle minced garlic evenly over the oil.
- Distribute tomatoes evenly over each pizza crust, followed by mozzarella.
- Place first pizza in the center of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from oven carefully. Set aside to rest briefly before slicing. Repeat process with second pie. Top with basil leaves before slicing.