Orange Apple Bundt Cake
Crisp and oh-so yummy! Citrus brightens up the flavor of this cake and cinnamon gives just a hint of warmth.
Serves: 10Prep: 40 minutesCook: 1 hour 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 50 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1½ Tbsp. milk, divided
- 2 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 dash orange extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 10-cup fluted tube pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, combine the butter, sugar, eggs, 2 teaspoons zest, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Slowly fold in the flour, baking powder and salt while alternating with ½ cup milk. Fold in the apples.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Turn cake onto a plate and allow to cool. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, 1½ tablespoons milk and orange extract. Drizzle glaze over cake. Serve and store leftovers in an airtight container.