It is worth it to buy the pistachios already shelled. Shelling them is very time consuming and hard on the fingers.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 oz. vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
- 1 lb. confectioners’ sugar
- 3⁄4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pistachios
- 6 oz. frozen orange juice, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Mix all ingredients except coconut. Form into balls; roll in coconut until coated.
- Chill. These should be kept refrigerated or frozen. Bring to room temperature before serving.