Biscotti is for dunking! Brew your favorite cup of joe or tea and dunk away!
Makes: 48Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole grain pastry flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 8 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 tsp. orange extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt; set aside. Place butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, orange zest, and orange extract. Beat in flour mixture gradually until smooth and thick. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Divide dough in half. Form each half into a 12-inch log. Place logs 5 inches apart on the baking sheet. Slightly flatten each log to 1⁄2 inch thick. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven. Let cool on wire rack for 3 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut each log diagonally into 1⁄2-inch thick slices. Place slices cut side down on baking sheet. Return to oven and bake 10 to 15 minutes, turning slices halfway through baking. Biscotti will be golden brown. Cool on wire rack until completely cool.