Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-by-13-inch cake pan.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter, granulated sugar, eggs, flour, baking soda, orange juice, and the orange zest until blended. Beat for 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the top.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 25 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.