Orange Cherry Tomato and Quinoa Minestrone
In this hearty and healthy minestrone, quinoa shines alongside the Italian herbs and vegetables.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 pint orange cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add broth, and bring to a boil. Stir in quinoa and tomatoes. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the basil and oregano, and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Garnish with Parmesan before serving.