Orange Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Create your own flavorful Asian dish without ordering take-out. Serve this dish over brown rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free soy sauce (tamari)
- 2 Tbsp. orange marmalade (without high-fructose corn syrup)
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. safflower oil
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 lb. broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 oz. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh gingerroot
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, lemon juice, soy sauce, marmalade, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a wok or 9" nonstick skillet. Add chicken and stir until cooked through, 2–3 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add broccoli to wok and cook 3 minutes. Increase heat to high, add bell peppers and green beans, and cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer vegetables to plate with chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add ginger. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add orange sauce to pan and cook until slightly thickened, about 30 seconds. Add chicken and vegetables to wok and toss to coat.