Orange Coconut Loaf
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup lowfat orange-flavored yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom only of two bread pans.
- To make the topping: Combine all topping ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Sift the flour and baking soda together; set aside. Cream the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, yogurt, and orange zest. Add the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Pour batter into the loaf pans and sprinkle the topping evenly on top. Bake for 50 minutes or until the loaf tests done. Cool the bread 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer loaves onto a wire rack.