Orange Cornmeal Pancakes
Wake up with bright citrus and a moist corn crunch. These light, fluffy pancakes are so good, you may even pass on the syrup.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅔ cup white whole-wheat flour
- ⅔ cup cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. sodium-free baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1½ tsp. minced orange zest
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg white
- Measure all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Place nonstick griddle or skillet on stove and turn heat to medium-low. Pour batter onto heated griddle. When pancake has bubbled on top and is nicely browned on bottom, roughly 2 minutes, flip over. Brown on second side, roughly 2 minutes more. If pancakes are browning too quickly, lower heat.
- Repeat process with remaining batter. Serve immediately.