Orange Cranberry Muffins
These cranberry-studded muffins feature a fruity taste you'll crave.
Serves: 12Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Plain Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ No Pulp 100% Orange Juice with Calcium & Vitamin D
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, do not thaw
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners.
- In medium bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Scrape down sides as needed. Add eggs, yogurt and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute, then turn up to high speed until mixture is uniform in texture. Scrape down sides as needed. Beat in orange zest until combined.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and slowly mix with a whisk. Add orange juice and milk, gently whisking until combined and little lumps remain. Fold in cranberries with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Spoon batter into pan, filling wells to top. Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F, then keeping pan in oven, lower temperature to 350°F and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.