Orange and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
These taste very much like the chocolate oranges that are so popular during the holidays. Use a good juice orange rather than a navel orange for the juice and zest, if possible.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Cream together butter, shortening, and sugars. Add eggs; beat well. Thoroughly mix in vanilla and orange juice.
- Mix in dry ingredients and orange zest.
- Carefully stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on baking sheets; bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool slightly before removing from pan.