Asian-style marinade makes heart-healthy salmon an ideal main dish!
Prep: 10 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Lite Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon gingerroot, grated peeled
- 1 pound salmon fillet or steak, cut into 4 portions
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a large resealable plastic food-storage bag, combine orange juice, soy sauce, oil, lime juice, garlic and gingerroot. Add salmon; seal bag. Turn to coat. Let stand 20 minutes to marinate.
- Coat grill grate with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove salmon from marinade; discard marinade. Place salmon on grill; cover grill. Grill, turning once, 8-10 minutes until internal temperature is 140°F.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix brown sugar and pepper. Coat top surface of each salmon portion with brown sugar mixture. Cover grill; grill 3 minutes until salmon is cooked through and brown sugar mixture is melted. Serve on a bed of cooked brown rice.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.