Orange Leg of Lamb
Stuffed leg of lamb is a rich, delicious dish to serve as your Easter main course.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 2 hoursTotal: 2 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 pounds leg of lamb, boned
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups water
- 14 ounces herb seasoned stuffing mix
- Parsley or rosemary, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Fold the leg of lamb open with the fat side down and rub with garlic. Grate the peel of the orange and lemon, then spread over the garlic. Juice the orange and spread over the leg.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, water and stuffing mix. Spoon 1-2 cups of stuffing on half of the lamb. Fold other half over the stuffing, then tie with kitchen string and place in a roasting pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes per pound. Baste lamb occasionally with the pan juices. Cover the lamb with aluminum foil if it starts to brown too quickly. Spread the remaining stuffing in a casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil, then bake at the last 45 minutes. The cooked lamb should reach at least 145°F for medium rare.
- Allow the lamb to rest for 15 minutes with aluminum foil tented over, then cut into slices and serve with stuffing.
- Refrigerate leftovers.