Orange Mashed Sweet Potatoes
If you’re looking for a side dish to add to your Thanksgiving feast, try these mashed sweet potatoes with orange and spices.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecan pieces
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling water for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain water and allow potatoes to cool enough to peel skin.
- Mash potatoes with butter, syrup, orange juice, zest and spices.
- Put mashed sweet potatoes in serving dish; garnish with chopped pecans.