Orange Pistachio Refrigerator Rolls
For more orange flavor, you can add 1 teaspoon of orange extract to the dough. These are especially beautiful when the baked cookies are half dipped in chocolate glaze and sprinkled with extra chopped pistachios.
Makes: 60 cookiesHands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 60 cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup finely chopped toasted pistachios
- Cream together sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in egg, orange juice, and zest. Whisk dry ingredients together; blend into creamed mixture. Fold in pistachios.
- Form into logs; wrap in wax paper; chill overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Slice cookies ⅛" thick; place 2" apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until done. Cool.