Orange-Scented Almond Crisps
These are great alone or with a fruit dessert. Store in an airtight container. To crisp, put in a low-temperature oven for 1–2 minutes.
Makes: 72 cookiesHands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 72 cookies
- Sugar substitute for baking equal to 7 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- ½ cup finely ground blanched almonds
- ⅓ cup cake flour
- 1 tsp. Cointreau
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Oil two 17" × 14" baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar substitute and egg whites until the whites are frothy and the sugar substitute is dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until the batter is somewhat smooth.
- Place rounded teaspoon-sized dollops of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving a 1-inch space between each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 5–6 minutes, or until the edges turn golden. Remove from oven and transfer the cookies to a wire rack. Let cool completely before serving.