Warm and spicy, these cookies are perfect for cookie sliders! Soften vegan vanilla “ice cream” for a few minutes and sandwich a few tablespoons between 2 cookies. Freeze for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup vegan margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- Egg replacement equal to 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine, 1⁄4 cup granulate sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Mix in egg replacement, molasses, and vanilla extract. Stir in the orange zest. In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients. Shape dough into walnut-sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Roll balls in remaining granulated sugar before placing on the cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.