Orecchiette with Chicken Sausage and Broccoli
You can substitute sweet or hot Italian pork sausage for the chicken sausage if you wish.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ lb. chicken sausage, cut into 1" pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ lb. orecchiette pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- Heat a pot of water for the pasta.
- In a large sauté pan, heat half of the oil on medium until barely smoking and brown the sausage. Add the garlic and cook until golden and fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Drop the pasta in the water and begin cooking it according to package directions. Exactly halfway through the cooking process, add the broccoli to the pot.
- Return the pan with the sausage to medium heat and bring up to temperature. Drain the pasta/broccoli and add to the pan. Add the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Divide into 2 bowls and serve the cheese at the table to be sprinkled on top.