Oregano-Parmesan Turkey Cutlets
Turkey cutlets are an excellent cut, with little fat and no waste. You can flavor them any way you like. Here we coat the cutlets in spiced mayonnaise, dredge them in seasoned breadcrumbs and sauté in olive oil until golden brown.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 turkey cutlets (5 oz. each), pounded to 1⁄4"
- 1⁄3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise with paprika, salt, and pepper and mix well. Spread mixture on both sides of turkey cutlets. On shallow plate, combine cheese, bread crumbs, and oregano; mix well. Dredge coated cutlets into breadcrumb mixture, pressing to coat both sides.
- In heavy skillet, combine butter and olive oil; heat over medium heat until butter starts to sizzle. Add cutlets. Cook on first side for 5 minutes, then carefully turn and cook for 3 to 5 minutes longer until coating is brown and cutlets are thoroughly cooked.
- Serve immediately with slices of lemon.