Oreos and Pumpkin Slab Pie
Pumpkin pie is good, but pumpkin pie with an Oreo cookie crust is even better! Top it with a dollop of cream and a drizzle of condensed milk for an unbeatable dessert.
Serves: 10Prep: 30 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (14.3 oz.) Oreo Cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 2⁄3 cup plus 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (14 oz.) evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons Nestlé® La Lechera® Sweetened Condensed Milk, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using 1 tablespoon of butter, lightly grease 10”x15” baking sheet.
- In food processor, pulse cookies until finely ground.
- In mixing bowl, stir together ground cookies, sugar and remaining butter until evenly combined. In baking pan, press mixture into even layer.
- In large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla and pumpkin spice until combined. Pour into baking sheet, completely covering crust.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until center is set and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer on high, beat together heavy cream, powdered sugar, remaining vanilla extract, cinnamon and cayenne pepper until soft peaks form.
- To serve, slice pie and top with a dollop of cream and drizzle of condensed milk.