Organic Carrot Cake
Traditionally, carrot cakes are iced with sour cream frosting, but it’s also lovely with a simple glaze. This wholesome, organic, less-sweet treat is a great choice for families looking to beat the sugar blues.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) organic carrot cake mix
- 1 cup grated organic carrots
- 1⁄4 cup organic applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup purified water
- 3 cups organic confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a round 9-inch cake pan.
- Scrub carrots with a vegetable brush but do not peel.
- Mix cake mix, grated carrots, applesauce, and water in a large mixing bowl. Combine contents gently with a wooden mixing spoon until batter is moist.
- Transfer mixture to cake pan; spread evenly. Bake for 45 minutes. Cool slightly, then remove from pan.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, vanilla, and water. Add more sugar or water until glaze is think enough to drizzle over the cake.