Organic Creamy Greens with Eggs and Toast
Nutrient-dense power greens are great any time of day. Enjoy this eggs and toast recipe for breakfast, brunch or dinner.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Ghee Clarified Butter
- 1 small organic onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Minced Garlic
- 5 ounces Simple Truth Organic™ Power Greens, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Cream Cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Half & Half
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 large Simple Truth Organic™ Cage Free Brown Eggs
- 4 slices Simple Truth Organic™ Sprouted Seeded Thin Sliced Bread, toasted
- Simple Truth Organic™ Himalayan Pink Roasted Garlic Seasoning Salt
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt ghee. Cook onion and garlic 2-4 minutes, until fragrant.
- Stir in greens, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Continue cooking 2-3 minutes or until greens have wilted and any water has evaporated.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream cheese and half and half until smooth and creamy. Add Parmesan cheese; heat until just melted. Keep warm.
- In medium saucepan, bring water to a simmer.
- Crack each egg into a small dish; gently slide egg into simmering water. Poach eggs until whites are set and yolk is desired doneness, about 3 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon.
- To serve, top toasted bread with creamy greens and poached egg. Top each with grind of garlic seasoning salt.
- Refrigerate leftovers.