Orzo Salad with Fresh Tomatoes and Kale
Whether you’re packing for a picnic or planning to enjoy lunch at home, this colorful salad makes the perfect light main course or side dish.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups orzo pasta, prepared to package instructions
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- In medium bowl, combine pasta, tomatoes, kale and red onion.
- In small bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Toss together salad and dressing.
- Serve with fresh basil.