Oven-Baked Crispy Tofu with BBQ Dipping Sauce
Transform tofu into a grabbable snack. Panko breadcrumbs give these treats crunch without frying for cleaner eating without sacrificing flavor. We love these with Simple Truth Organic™ Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce, but feel free to experiment with salsa, chutney, honey mustard or whatever you like!
Serves: 16Prep: 20 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 14 ounces Simple Truth Organic™ Extra Firm Tofu
- 1⁄4 cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise®
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Garlic Powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups Private Selection™ Traditional Panko Bread Crumbs
- Simple Truth Organic™ Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce
- Cooking spray
- Pat the tofu dry. Cut tofu in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into 8 pieces. Cut each piece in half diagonally to form triangles. Arrange the tofu pieces in a single layer on paper towel. Cover with additional paper towel and press firmly to remove some of the moisture.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine the Vegenaise, mustard and garlic powder in a large shallow dish. Place the panko breadcrumbs in a large shallow dish. Working with one piece of tofu at a time, coat the tofu in the mustard mixture then dredge in the panko. Place on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. Repeat process with remaining tofu. Lightly spray the tops of the tofu pieces with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn and bake an additional 15 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve with BBQ sauce.