Oven Baked Veggie Tart
Here’s an easy and delicious way to get your veggies: mix mushrooms, onions and spinach with eggs, garlic and cheese! This oven-baked dish is ideal for breakfast, lunch or brunch.
Serves: 6Prep: 25 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bag (5 oz.) baby spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 8”x8” glass baking dish.
- In saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Sauté garlic and onion 1½ minutes. Add mushrooms; continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add baby spinach; cook 1 minute. Do not let spinach wilt. Remove extra liquid.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, sea salt and black pepper. Stir in mushroom mixture. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40 minutes, until until edges are light brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If edges turn darker, cover with foil.