This recipe can be made with chicken breasts, legs or leg quarters, thighs, or a combination of parts. Chicken breasts will generally take less time to cook than smaller pieces and dark meat, and time will vary depending on the size of the pieces.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 lbs. bone-in chicken pieces
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 2 Tbsp. grated yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. celery salt
- 2 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash chicken pieces; pat dry with paper towels. Arrange in a large baking dish. Bake chicken for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Cook sauce over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour sauce over chicken, brushing and turning pieces to coat thoroughly. Bake for 45 minutes longer or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.